Allen P. JonesShareholder
Allen P. Jones is a shareholder in Wiener, Weiss & Madison, A Professional Corporation. He practices in the areas of estate planning, tax law, succession and probate law, business and corporate law, and real estate. Allen represents individuals and families in all aspects of estate planning, including the preparation of wills, trusts, partnerships and limited liability companies. His work in the area of business and corporate law includes business succession planning, corporate reorganizations, and business sale transactions. He is Board Certified by the Louisiana State Bar in Estate Planning, and is licensed as a title insurance agent in the state of Louisiana.
L.L.M., New York University School of Law, 1982
J.D., Louisiana State University Law Center, 1981
Louisiana Law Review
B.S., Louisiana State University, 1978
Phi Kappa Phi
- Representation of individuals in preparation and implementation of estate plans, including Wills, trusts, partnerships and limited liability companies, intra-family sale transactions, and formation private foundations.
- Representation of closely held businesses, including preparation of organizational documents, mergers and reorganizations, employment agreements, shareholder agreements, and other commercial contracts.
- Representation of local manufacturing firms in the acquisitions of competing businesses, including, negotiation and preparation of asset/stock purchase agreements, and non-competition agreements.
- Representation of local automobile dealers in sales and acquisitions of dealerships.
- Representation of local timber investment partnership in sales and acquisitions of timberland.
- Representation of individuals and estates in connection with estate and gift tax controversies, including audits, appellate conferences and tax refund suits.
- Chairman of the Louisiana State Bar Section on Real Property Probate and Trust, 1991-1992;
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Administration certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization;
- Member of the Estate Planning and Administration Advisory Commission, Louisiana Board of Specialization, 1995-1998;
- Member of the Tax Law Advisory Commission to the Louisiana State Board of Legal Specialization, 1999-2002;
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (2011 – present); and
- Louisiana Super Lawyer (2011 – present).
Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education programs in estate planning:
- Louisiana State University Law School;
- Louisiana State Bar Association; and
- Dallas, Texas Bar Association Section on Real Property, Probate and Taxation.