Cliffe C. Laborde, IIIShareholder
Phone: (318) 213-9268
Fax: (318) 424-5128
330 Marshall St #1000
Shreveport, Louisiana 71101
Cliffe Laborde is a shareholder in the firm. He is licensed to practice law in Louisiana and Texas, and has more than 24 years of experience in a wide variety of business and commercial real estate transactions, and estate planning and administration matters, including:
- Asset and stock purchase transactions, and other agreements (employment, non-competition, etc.) arising in connection with business acquisitions and divestitures.
- Formation of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, including the drafting of complex shareholder, operating and partnership agreements, and the purchase and sale of ownership interests in such entities.
- Negotiation and documentation of purchase, sale, financing, development and leasing transactions related to all types of commercial real estate projects: multi-family, office, retail, industrial, build-to-suit.
- As agent for major national title insurance underwriters, through TitleSite, LC has examined title to and issued owner and loan policies of title insurance for all types of commercial real estate projects.
- Commercial lending transactions, loan restructures and workouts involving various industries and collateral.
- Wills, trusts, family business entities and Louisiana state court succession proceedings (probate).
B.S., Finance, Louisiana State University, 1984
Phi Eta Sigma
Beta Gamma Sigma
Omicron Delta Kappa
LSU Alumni Federation Scholar
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1987
- Representation of national metal building company in various corporate matters, including: asset (equipment) and real estate purchase transactions (manufacturing and sales facilities) in Louisiana, Texas and other states; bank loan and industrial revenue bond financing transactions; debt and equity investments in joint venture for manufacture and sale of new metal building technology; and various other contractual matters.
- Representation of regional automobile dealer in the acquisition, sale and financing of multiple dealership franchises (Ford, Chevrolet, Honda, Nissan, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge) in Louisiana, Texas and other states; dealership real estate acquisition, sale/lease (REIT) and financing transactions; and various other contractual matters.
- Representation of biotechnology company in the sale of its intellectual property rights in food safety technologies, the licensing and sublicensing of disinfectant and decontamination technologies, and the negotiation and documentation of related complex royalty agreements.
- Representation of owner/operator in the acquisition, sale and financing of multiple truck stop gaming facilities throughout Louisiana, and contractual matters relating to operations.
- Representation of numerous purchasers and sellers in the acquisition, sale and financing of apartment complexes in Louisiana and Texas, including numerous “defeasance” refinancings of conduit loans.
- Representation of non-profit foundation in the refinancing of its biomedical research facility.
- Representation of lender in connection with loans to separate fee and leasehold owners of a franchised downtown hotel property.
- Representation of lender in the refinancing of a downtown office high rise.
- Representation of purchaser in the acquisition and financing of Louisiana timber properties as part of a larger multi-state asset purchase.
- Representation of landowner in connection with title research, survey review, and acquisition of clear title to adjacent “orphaned” strip of land in order to accommodate optimum commercial development on tract.
- Representation of family in connection with multi-generational estate planning, including the restructuring and consolidation of multiple family-owned corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, and inter-family transfers of real estate in several Louisiana parishes.
- Representation of succession executor in negotiating the equitable settlement of competing claims of family members to separate and community funds commingled by a decedent over a period of many years, including the development of a workable accounting model to facilitate analysis and discussion.