Donald B. WienerOf Counsel
Don Wiener is of counsel for the firm of Wiener, Weiss & Madison. He has more than 25 years of experience in commercial transactions, including corporate, oil and gas law, real estate, commercial lending, title insurance and probate.
Phillips Exeter Academy
B.A., Duke University, 1984
J.D., Tulane University, 1988
Associate Editor of the Tulane Law Review
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
Shreveport Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
American Bar Association
- Representation of a client selling over $275 million of oil and gas assets to a publicly traded corporation.
- Representation of various banks and borrowers in connection with secured lending, including loans for the construction, sale and purchase of hotels, apartment complexes and housing developments.
- Representation of owners of closely held companies in connection with the sale of various businesses, including truck stops, hotels, and mineral operations.
- Representation of clients in venture capital private placements in various industries, including start-ups in chemical, film, mineral exploration and pharmaceutical ventures.
- Representation of clients leasing mineral rights in the Haynesville Shale play, as well as on-going management of minerals rights and timber properties located throughout Louisiana.
- Legislative Assistant, Office of U. S. Congressman Charles E. “Buddy” Roemer, III, 1984-1985.
- Attorney, Vinson & Elkins, Washington, D.C. office, 1988-1991.
- Louisiana Law Institute, Corporations Committee (2008 - 2016)
- Council for a Better Louisiana, Board Member (2001-2006)
- Alliance for Education, Past President and Board Member (2005 – 2015)
- The Montessori School for Shreveport, Board of Trustees (2010 – 2015)