Jeffrey W. WeissShareholder
Jeffrey W. Weiss attended high school at Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, from which he graduated with honors, and college at Claremont McKenna College in Claremont, California, from which he received a B.A. degree in 1983, graduating magna cum laude, with honors in economics. Upon graduation from Claremont McKenna College, Jeff was admitted to Phi Beta Kappa.
Jeff obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from Tulane School of Law in 1986, from which he graduated summa cum laude. At Tulane, Jeff served as a member of the Tulane Law Review, and was admitted to the Order of the Coif honor society.
Jeff has been actively engaged in the practice of law since 1986. He has substantial transactional and litigation experience. His primary practice areas include Oil and Gas, Estate Planning, Probate and Succession Administration, Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Transactions, and general Business Law. Jeff is a lead outside counsel for numerous landowners, developers and locally owned businesses in Northwest Louisiana. Jeff is licensed by the Louisiana Department of Insurance as a title insurance producer, and he is an authorized title insurance agent for Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, First American Title Insurance Company, and Chicago Title Insurance Company. Jeff has served as an assistant examiner for the Louisiana State Supreme Court Committee on Bar Admissions. Jeff is currently serving on the Louisiana State Law Institute's Common Interest Ownership Regimes Committee. Jeff is married to Vona Weiss.
Phillips Academy Andover, Massachusetts
B.A., Claremont McKenna College
Magna cum laude
With Honors in Economics
Phi Beta Kappa
J.D., Tulane University
Summa cum laude
Tulane Law Review
Order of the Coif
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Shreveport Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Louisiana State Supreme Court Committee on Bar Admissions, (Assistant Examiner for Code III Section of the Louisiana State Bar Examination, 2006-);
- First Judicial District Court Indigent Defender Board, Former Member;
- B’nai Zion Congregation, Past-President;
- Southfield School, Past Member, Board of Trustees;
- Red River Film Society, Inc., Former Director;
- Schumpert Medical Center Foundation, Former Director;
- Friends of Red River Refuges, Former Director;
- Sci-Port Discovery Center, Past Member, Board of Directors;
- North Louisiana Jewish Federation, Past Member, Board of Trustees;
- City of Shreveport Human Relations Task Force, Past Member.