John M. FrazierShareholder
Phone: (318) 213-9258
Fax: (318) 424-5128
330 Marshall St #1000
Shreveport, Louisiana 71101
John Frazier is a shareholder in Wiener, Weiss & Madison, APC. He joined the firm in 2005. John has more than 35 years of experience in commercial litigation, mineral law and commercial transactions.
John is an AV-rated lawyer and is listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers (2010, 2011).
J.D., LSU Law Center, 1976
Shreveport Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Louisiana Bankers Association
- Counsel for Budget Prepay, Inc. a telecommunications company active in 42 states
- Representation of purchasers in acquisition of other businesses.
- Counsel for construction subcontractors (mechanical, highway and heavy, bridge, electrical, boring, pipeline, oilfield, machine shop) and suppliers, including negotiation of contracts and representation in litigation and arbitration.
- Lead trial counsel for construction claimants before GSA, VA, and AF Boards of Contract Appeals.
- Representation of landowners in negotiation of oil and gas leases and pipeline, drillsite and roadway servitudes.
- Lead trial counsel in litigation involving nullification of wills.
- Representation of large regional bank in connection with bankruptcy, collection and foreclosure matters.
- Assistant City Attorney for the City of Shreveport, Louisiana 1989.
- Louisiana Private Works Act, Louisiana Revised Statutes Sections 9:4801 – 4855;2010,Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Private Works Act and Louisiana Public Works Act; 2009, Shreveport Bar Association
- Project Planning for the Construction Professional; 2003, NBI
- Basic Bankruptcy; 1996, NBI
- Bankruptcy; 1996, Shreveport Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Exemptions, Pre-Bankruptcy Planning and Discharge Considerations; 1991 Louisiana State University Law Center, and 1992, Louisiana State Bar Association, Summer School for Lawyers
- Basic Bankruptcy; 1989, NBI
- Problem Loans in Louisiana; 1988 NBI
- Louisiana Foreclosure and Repossession; 1987, NBI
- Shreveport Bar Association, Past President, Professionalism Award, Justinian XIV;
- Louisiana State Bar Association , Past Board of Governors Member, Committee to Review Proposed Changes to the Bar Examination;
- United Way of Northwest Louisiana , Past Campaign Chairman, Clyde E. Fant Memorial Award Winner;
- Independence Bowl, Past Chairman;
- Committee of 100, Past President;
- Shreveport Chamber of Commerce, Past President;
- Council for a Better Louisiana, Board of Directors, Past Member;
- Leadership Louisiana;
- National Association of Community Leadership Organizations, Distinguished Leadership Award.