John M. Madison, Jr.Shareholder
John M. Madison, Jr. was a founding member of Wiener, Weiss & Madison and has practiced law continually with the firm since 1975. His practice includes commercial litigation, construction law, oil and gas law, with emphasis on representation of mineral owners, business law and employment law. His experience ranges from the representation of the owners of small businesses to national corporations.
B.A., Political Science, Washington & Lee University, 1964
J.D., Louisiana State University, 1969
Supreme Court of the United States
Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court, Western, Eastern and Middle Districts of Louisiana
LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center Distinguished Achievement Honoree, 2020
American Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
Shreveport Bar Association
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Louisiana Law Review
Order of the Coif
Omicron Delta Kappa
Phi Kappa Phi
- Represented mineral owners in landmark decision of Louisiana Supreme Court regarding rights to mine lignite.
- Represented business owner in multimillion dollar dispute arising out of purchase of business interest decided by United States Fifth Circuit.
- Co-Counsel in major litigation involving construction of large casino complex.
- Represented Sheriff of Caddo Parish in dispute with Caddo Parish Commission decided by Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Represented national insurance company in wrongful termination suit in which the Louisiana Supreme Court established guidelines involving at will employment.
- Represented purchaser of real estate in suit in which the Louisiana Supreme Court established law regarding authority of agent in real estate contracts.
Involved in various educational, religious, civic, political and charitable organizations.