M. Allyn StroudShareholder
Mr. Stroud joined the firm in 1997 and his primary practice areas are criminal defense, civil litigation and appellate advocacy. Allyn’s criminal law practice focuses on white collar defense in federal court. He also maintains an active civil litigation practice, including commercial litigation, municipal and zoning law, property rights and employment law.
Holy Cross High School, 1977
B.A. in political science and English, Tulane University, 1981
Tulane Law School, 1984
Member of the Tulane Law Review for two years
Order of the Coif
All Louisiana Federal Courts
U.S. District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Louisiana
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Shreveport Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Successful representation of a parish government on issues related to the right of a local government to appropriate batture for use in construction of levees, as ultimately decided by the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Representation of an employer before the Louisiana Supreme Court on issues related to the ability of an employee to sue his employer for intentional infliction of emotional distress for events occurring in the workplace. The employee’s claim was dismissed.
- Representation, ongoing at this time, of a New Orleans police officer pertaining to matters that allegedly occurred in the wake of Hurricane Katrina; of a former Louisiana state senator charged with income tax evasion; and of a former state official indicted under the Hobbes Act.
- Law Clerk to Justice Pascal F. Calogero, Jr., Louisiana Supreme Court, 1987-1989
- Law Clerk to Magistrate Judge Roy S. Payne, U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana, 1994-1997
- Allyn presently serves as the pastor at the Doyline United Methodist Church in Doyline, Louisiana. Church of the Holy Cross, Past Junior Warden and
- Vestry Member; McDade House, President, 2005; Shreveport YMCA, Member and Board of Directors; St. Jude Dream Home