Russell Dickson is a shareholder with Wiener, Weiss & Madison. He joined the firm in 2017 and practices in the areas of Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Estate & Business Planning, Oil & Gas Law, Real Estate Law, Probate and Succession Administration.
J.D., Tulane University School of Law, 2017
B.A., Sewanee; the University of the South, 2013
Loyola College Preparatory, Shreveport, Louisiana, 2009
United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 2018
United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, 2018
Shreveport Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
First Presbyterian Church, Shreveport
- Member of the Oil and Gas Advisory Subcommittee 2018-present
- Elder and Member of the Session 2019-2021
- Staff Committee Member 2019-2021
- Church Administration Moderator 2020-2021
- Representation of business clients in the drafting and review of diverse commercial contracts including sales, licensing, non-disclosure, employment, data use, sale and lease agreements.
- Representation of closely held businesses in sales, mergers and acquisitions to private equity companies and other strategic buyers including planning, structuring, re-organizing, and negotiating transactions.
- Representation of owners in business planning transactions including the formation of holding companies, spin-outs, and business succession plans.
- Representation of business clients in the negotiation and structuring of executive compensation agreements and general employment law matters.
- Representation of landowners and families in the negotiation of mineral leases, pipeline right of ways and the formation and structuring of limited liability companies for the purpose of holding mineral interests and land.
- Representation of private real estate investors in commercial real estate transactions and commercial leasing including the formation and structuring of multi-member real estate investment companies as well as the review and preparation of documents necessary for commercial closings with lenders.
- Representation of real estate investors and business owners in the negotiation and drafting of commercial leases for office, retail and industrial properties.
- Representation of individuals and families in preparation of estate plans, including the drafting of wills, formation of trusts, partnerships, and limited liability companies, intra family sale transactions and the formation of private foundations.